Monday 20 October 2014

The Lonely Vagabond

In my spare time here, I like draw, read, write, play the odd videogame and my ukulele. So, the other day I decided to compose a song using my uke about a lonely vagabond who's missing companionship and intimacy, especially from someone who is now just a fond memory. Such is a life of a traveller I'd imagine. Without further ado, here are the lyrics:

People often question why
The reasons for how I spend my time
I don't want a life of drudgery 
I reply
The vagabond life is for me
My backpack is my home
On the road I am happy
I'm happy to be alone
But sometimes I wish I could just spend another 10 minutes with you
Oh, I'd feel so jubilant!
If I could just spend some more time with you
Oh if only, if only, if only, if only
If only you were here to hold me

I'm off to see the world
And encounter so many of its people
You're the only one that stands out my mind
I've yet to meet your equal
I've shared many moments of intimacy
And have had many great experiences
But none greater than the ones I've shared with you!
Here I sit alone, reminiscing. What's a man to do?
Oh if only, if only, if only, if only
If only you could be here to hold me

I'm always walking along many paths
Maybe, just maybe, our paths will cross again

Once I'm feeling ready, I'll probably record myself playing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment